Monday 15 December 2014

Animals and creatures: more sketchbook development

After our workshops and trips, I was later able to work from my photographs and research, finding that this enabled me to create studies in more time and in greater detail. I could express more with colour, marks and overall experiment further. Here is some of my sketchbook work since developing my studies and research:


A fish I painted from the aquarium using mixed media: watercolour, ink and chalk


I focused on the detail of the tigers face and stripes using fineliner












Water colour study of a tiger walking with graphite on top of this. I think it was successful




I studied the meerkat further, focusing on its face with charcoal, pencil, graphite, chalk and sanguine oil pencil
A study of the back of a lion using pencil


I studied the face of the lioness using fine liner



I drew the tarantula in more detail with fine liner, studying the texture of its fur.
I looked at some of the photos I had taken in the zoo of the tropical birds in mid flight, and sketched them with fine liner
I used brusho and ink in this study of the lizard, it was quite inspired by Quentin Blake.
More small lizard studies in fine liner
The guinea pigs in more detail using fineliner - more focused on the texture of the fur


 

Research:

More research I put towards the assignment was book research. I looked at the following books for inspirations to more studies: 





Mammals by Michael Clark published 2000
-Chancellor Press an imprint of Bounty Books,
a division of Octopus Publishing group Ltd

Skeletons published 2005 

'Complete book of animals' published 1989 copyright
William Collins Son & Co Ltd 

Life Nature Library - Animal Behaviour (Didn't
really use this one in the end) 













































 I was then able to create the following studies based on imagery I found within the above books:


Hedgehog with fine liner using 'Mammals' book,
pgs 42 and 45





Rabbit in pencil using Mammals, pgs 58 and 59
Hare in fine liner using Mammals pg 60 


Rat using ink with a stick: Mammals: pg 77

















Leopard using fine liner - used this image to work from


Wild boar using pencil - Mammals pg 108

















Deer using fine liner using Mammals pg 112





Painted deer Mammals pg 112
Deer with paint and fine liner and rabbit in fine liner
using pg 112 and 59






















No comments:

Post a Comment